anal

Saturday, October 23, 2010

My First Day On the Job---Blogging for bucks

It is now 12 AM, Friday night/ Saturday morning.  I am laying back in my man's recliner with a head that feels like an ax has been lodged in it. I spent a majority of my day surfing different sites, reading others content, seeing if the whole blogging things was indeed the right choice for me.  I tell you, if there are any able bodied people searching for ways to generate low levels of income, the answer is the World Wide Web. Although you should be prepared to invest some sweat and time weeding out the legitimate opportunities from the scams.  The potentials are unlimited.

With me, I feel attempting to web host or blog is the best choice.  After searching, and I mean at least for 5 years, I have found this is one of the few ways to start a legitimate source of income with no out of pocket costs to startup. Of course, there are optional features or little things here and there that will cost you a few bucks. Better a few dollars here and there than your entire life savings.
Steer clear of scamming sites, it should not cost you anything to make money.  I have never heard of paying money to make money.  If you still discover a lead and feel the need to pay for a product or service, to be on the safe side, I would not spend over $20 towards start up fees, subscriptions, etc...

It is relatively easy if you are even remotely computer savvy. Be forewarned, this will not make you rich overnight. It is going to take some time! And probably more time than you intended to invest to start with. And, I myself, refuse to believe all the hype about generating a six figure income with in days or weeks. So be patient, stick it out and hopefully this time next year we will have discovered a successful way to make money working at home.

I know you are chomping at the bit to speed through all the introductions, etc...DON'T!!
For now, concentrate on the design and layout of your site.

Listen, Learn, and Live

Once you have learned all there is to know about designing, then and only then, should you decide on how to monetize your website.  Most blogger sites have plenty of extras you can add in order to monetize your account. Most of these are also provided free of charge. I recommend starting with the features offered by your  host. Then, you can research and find other sites that allow you to earn income through  advertising, promoting, purchasing, or selling their products or services.

After you monetize, you should turn your focus towards advertising. Get the word out!  Whether through word of mouth, social networking sites, or whichever method you decide to choose. Just let people know your site exists!  Let them know what services you are offering to followers and subscribers. This is how you will get PAID!  Advertising creates a broader audience.  The more users that visit your site the more potential you have for earning a substantial income working at home.

I am telling you all this so you do not do as I have. Instead of taking my time through the sign up processes as I previously recommended, I was full speed ahead!!! I could not wait to get the site up and running and making me money. I sped through it just as fast as I could looking for immediate results. This will not happen,  no matter how hard you try or how bad you want to be rich. There is no way to get rich quick.  Success comes from determination, persistence, patience, and devotion.  Don't get discouraged, though. First, you must learn to care for the little you do have before you can receive all that God has in store for you.

When you are sure you have completed all the steps I have mentioned above, clap your hands and pat yourself on the back.  You have successfully made it through your first day as a Web Blogger.
Day one has expired. Tomorrow, be ready to master marketing techniques used by other bloggers to generate even more income.

No comments:

Post a Comment